WANTED: BACKEND DEVELOPER FOR AFRITICKETS
We recently embarked on a rewrite of our platform's frontend, as a modern single page web app to position us for the future. As a result, we are looking to hire a developer to manage and iterate on changes to the code base as required. We need a developer who meets the following qualifying criteria:
We are looking for a CakePHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the user. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; creation and integration of necessary API’s therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
The ideal candidate will work alongside our team and product/project manager to build innovative functionality and solutions. He or she will be responsible for developing API endpoints, architecting API responses and interfaces, and maintaining support for all web applications, mobile applications (iOS and Android), and affiliate applications and users that currently utilize our API.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
• Building efficient, testable, and reusable CakePHP components
• Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
• Integration of data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications
• Strong grasp on PHP as a language and knowledge of its quirks
• Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
• Strong knowledge of CakePHP and its extensive feature set
• Understanding of basic CakePHP conventions and patterns
• Knowledge of CakePHP’s object-relational mapping (ORM)
• Familiarity with the “Fat Model, Skinny Controller” approach
• Knowledge of CakePHP’s suite of helpers and their use in the presentation layer
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance like SHA512
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• A good understanding of Laravel is an advantage but not necessary
• Ability to operate in a team and individually as well as be self-driven with an unwavering commitment to meet deadlines while delivering a high quality product.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
Desired Experience: (Advanced Intermediate/Expert).
Job Type: Contract Based
If this is you, send your CV, Bio and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to recommend anyone you know that would suit this role too.
Afritickets is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly support diversity in the workforce