QServers Are On Their Way To Peril

So something ensued between I and a QServers representative.
One of my client domain was down, and he needed it for a presentation this morning.
Below is the live chat
Eddy says:
Hello, how may i assist you today?
Codefarm says:
atozee.com.ng’s server DNS address could not be found.
Codefarm says:
Dunno what is wrong with my site
Codefarm says:
Can someone answer please
Eddy says:
Have you sent a mail thereby
Codefarm says:
No
Codefarm says:
I still accessed it last night
Codefarm says:
I thought you guys don’t have downtime
Codefarm says:
This is extremely unprofessional
Eddy says:
Kindly allow some time to propagate and should you have any further challenge, you can send us a mail to
support@qservers.net
hence you will receive a response from our technical team thereby
Codefarm says:
What propagate are you talking about
Codefarm says:
Site that already has files and content
Eddy says:
Sorry for the cross posting thereby. Kindly send us a mail to
support@qservers.net
hence you will get a response thereby from our technical team as such
Codefarm says:
sigh
Eddy says:
Is there anything else i may assist you with?
Codefarm says:
Please i need this site up. My clients are waiting on it for a presentation
Codefarm says:
Don’t cost me my job
Eddy says:
A response will get to you. Kindly exercise some patience thereby

In furtherance to the live chat. i sent a support ticket and received this mail

Then a while later i got this

Then i replied with this

The next thing i received was for my account to be suspended.

Like seriously? For complaining about a paid service?

This is what their supposed TOS states about account creation:

1.) Account Setup / Email on file
We will setup your account after we have received payment and we and/or our payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) incase of fraud. It is your responsibility to provide us with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. In dedicated server purchases or high risk transactions, it will be necessary to provide government issued identification and possibly a scan of the credit card used for the purchase. If you fail to meet these requirements, the order may be considered fraudulent in nature and be denied.

How on earth was this violated?

I am currently hosting something with QServers and just this morning I had a chat with one of their representatives online. Funny thing, the person name is Eddy (must be the same guy). I know because he ended the line of each message with thereby.

I wanted to downgrade from a hosting plan to another one and after reading his messages, I knew his answers were copy and paste. He was too mechanical and after asking some questions, I knew he did not understand what I wanted from him.

I had to call their tech guys on 08187881181. After about 30 seconds, the person who attended to me asked me to send a text message including the domain name, my current hosting plan and the plan I wanted to downgrade to. Issue resolved.

But I made it a point to tell the tech guy that they should at least train their sales/customer support to be able to answer technical questions since most of their clients are technical people. I also mentioned some design issues I had with their website and I hope it would be corrected.

I suggest you call the number I dropped and I am optimistic that your issues would be resolved.

Nigerian startups customer service:You pay for a plan then You get a bad service,You lay a compliant about bad service through email angrily,they receive your email and become angry too,they suspend you for being angry about their service.

i do not know how our startups solves customer service,i have seen similar occurrence with African courier express,Taxify and now Qservers.

I guess they need to understand that in Nigeria:Customers are Kings and Queens.

Lolz This is serious

I called this number on their site - 08120800799 and a lady picked up. After i introduced myself and what have been transpiring via email with their support center; it was like she was prepared for me, raising her voice and yelling angrily for me to send a valid id for my account to be restored, else i will loose all my hosting services on their server within the next 7 days.

I have never in my life experienced such kind of treatment from a host company.

I thought whogohost was worst, dunno Qservers was “Worster”.

I’m flagging them from all my clients and friends henceforth

And I’m waiting for them to terminate all my hosting in the next 7 days as they promised

Hehehehehehe, Pardon my grammar

Just fork out the extra cash and roll with foreign hosts. Nigerian startups are not even worth the trouble. Its not like you can’t have issues with foreign hosts. You can but its rare and they won’t be a dick about it if things head south.

Nigerian businesses usually start well then the “Do you know who I am mentality” comes into it. Sad.

Bros; I told you to call their Technical line; that was why I dropped it. From the interaction I have had with their customer support and tech support, the tech guys are more understanding and polite. They are the ones that know what it means to have your mail server down when you are expecting an important e-mail from that client you sent a proposal to.

My simple mean advice is, if updating your account with valid means of identity will help u retain your domain, just do that and move your content to a new server. I had a similar experience with utiware but my client was like I shouldn’t take it up since they have rectify the issue.

Not only the startups! Unless one of our oldest cable company is still a startup. Took me 10 days to get them to reconnect my mum’s subscription after she made a typo in the smart card serial number.