Programme Manager at Plaqad.com
Lagos | Fulltime
Apply here: https://plaqad.com/pm/
About this Position
The programme manager is responsible for the overall integrity, coherence, and growth of our user communities (TIP, IIP, CCP, FIP, YYP, PP). You will develop and maintain each programme by supporting each individual member and projects within the communities.
When we build new features, onboard new partners, or make other major changes to our product, this complexity results in a web of dependencies that must be tracked and tackled if we’re to hit our timelines and deliver a high-quality experience to our members.
The Programme Manager will drive the end-to-end design, development, and delivery of key programs at the cross-functional level. Your job as the program manager is to keep programs moving forward, focusing on key milestones for the brand as well as liaising with members of each community to make the best use of the Plaqad platform.
You are the glue between Plaqad and the different user communities, disseminating information and summarizing and surfacing program updates, and resolving issues as they arise. You are a great facilitator able to build bridges between teams and people, and you communicate status clearly, concisely, and accurately. You get your kicks by seeing programs you drive run smoothly and efficiently.
You need to love to get into the weeds with problems to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating fun, efficient, scalable systems are your thing. People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and always know the status of every project. Last but not least, you love marketing communications.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about ensuring the success and growth of our user communities across all channels.
The key attributes for this role are:
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the community.
The specific responsibilities of the Programme Manager position include:
- Create and execute growth plans for different programmes.
- Actively engage and develop strong relationships with key partners and members of our different communities.
- Develop and execute strategies to create continuous opportunities for members of each community
- Leverage your ownership mentality and management skills to drive projects forward through regular stakeholder check-ins, weekly progress reports, and careful dependency management.
- Manage the receipt of payment from clients and disbursement of funds to Plaqad suppliers, vendors and community members
- Surface and communicate risks while working actively to mitigate them.
- Communicate progress to executive leadership and external stakeholders.
- Form tight, trusting relationships internally and externally by being the expert and always operating with transparency and integrity.
- Always look for (and implement) more efficient and effective ways for collaboration on projects.
- Project manage various projects across teams of influencers, content creators, and partner publishers.
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility projects by identifying requirements, dependencies and building work back schedules to manage deadlines. Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
- Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Establish world-class workflows and ensure that learnings are documented, shared, and rolled out.
- Build the multi-channel campaign strategy to effectively engage our different partners and drive adoption and expansion within our target audiences.
- Actively monitor all campaign analytics, partner with our business intelligence team to create appropriate reporting on campaign performance and communicate results effectively to the team with recommended actions for optimization.
- Build and execute joint go-to-market campaigns and expand Plaqad’s marketing footprint.
- Forge new and enhance existing payments relationships; identify and execute on opportunities for performance improvement and cost savings with payment providers.
- Provide business level ownership of cash collection efforts across all lines of business.
- Work across internal and external stakeholders to help define Plaqad’s approach to payments.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices.
- Review and adhere to budgets.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any related field from an accredited university
- 3+ years experience in a project or program management role
- Product management experience will also come in handy
- Strategic mindset and understanding of marketing as it relates to achieving business objectives
- Hands-on, get-it-done attitude with excellent project management skills for complex, cross-functional campaigns
- Detail-oriented, strategic thinker with strong analytical skills to synthesize raw data into actionable campaign optimization strategies for new and existing initiatives
- Deep understanding of the start-up and tech ecosystem with high-degree of creativity to try new things
- Expert in cross-channel integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem-solving and executive presentation skills are required
- Strong judgment under pressure
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- A strong desire to mentor other developers
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by Plaqad’s mission.
Benefits & Compensation
- Regular industry-standard salary
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverageLunch and snacks provided at the office daily.
Plaqad connects the World’s top influencers, content creators and publishers to small and leading brands looking to amplify their messages and connect with their target audiences.
By leveraging technology, Plaqad wants to solve the PR and marketing problem faced by individuals and businesses by democratizing access to the best content creators, influencers and publishers around the world.
Hence, we are building a platform - the largest community of influencers, content creators and publishers - that seamlessly connects brands and individuals with the new digital town-criers.
In addition to helping brands get the word out about their products, services and ideas, Plaqad also enables content makers, influencers and publishers to monetize their skills and platforms.
Apply here: https://plaqad.com/pm/