Lagos | Fulltime
As Head of Business Development at BCM, your primary responsibility will be to
develop and grow strong revenue streams from a wide range of products and
platforms, both existing and new. BCM offer brands a wide range of advertising,
partnership and sponsorship opportunities, and it will be essential for the Head of
Business Development to understand those offerings deeply and be able to decide the
right solutions to fit each client’s needs.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interaction with clients,
the ability to open new doors, close big deals and proven sales skills. The ability to
work collaboratively with internal teams to manage and deliver on projects is essential.
You will need the ability to think deeply and strategically about client business and a
strong creative streak to come up with the right solutions to meet their needs.
This role will be supported by an able sales manager and talented content strategists and
content producers. Yet overall responsibility for opening and closing deals and driving
overall revenue will reside with you.
As a small and dynamic company, the role will be multi-faceted. In addition to closing
deals, you will oversee delivery, ensure clients receive reports and provide strategic
input into new product development. In this senior outward-facing role, you may be
involved in partnership conversations, helping to grow our brand value and always
looking for opportunities to drive commercial value. Flexibility and adaptability are key
– you must be able to both shaku shaku and tango as required.
The right person for this role will have
- A strong media and marketing background with deep brand, digital, social and
- content marketing expertise
- Strong relationships with decision-makers at major media agencies and big
- brands across Nigeria and beyond
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and bring them along
- on project deliverables
- A desire to work in a rapidly-growing and evolving start-up with an informal but
- driven culture
- Strong internal drive and the ability to motivate others
- Excellent project management and delivery skills
- Great relationship building and maintenance skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Developing and managing relationships at all levels with major brands and
- agencies across Nigeria and Africa; creating sales opportunities and establishing
- mutually-beneficial long-term relationships
- Building a thorough understanding of our media platforms and solutions, and
- the ways in which they can be used to solve brand and business challenges for
- our clients and partners
- Serving as a trusted consultant to clients, consistently bringing them creative,
- solution-oriented ideas and products to meet their business challenges.
- Building and presenting compelling proposals that solve client objectives
- through content-based solutions and visual storytelling
- Deep diving into BCM insights and industry knowledge to build compelling
- data-driven content strategies
- Ensuring timely and accurate reports that allow our client partners to shine and
- leading to repeat business opportunities
- Working closely with senior management to manage internal revenue
- expectations and forecast revenues
- Managing multiple cross-platform opportunities and projects.
- Innovating and creating at the speed of our fast-paced culture
Working at Big Cabal Media
Big Cabal Media is a company creating a new generation of media brands for a new generation of Africans. Since 2014, we’ve launched TechCabal, Radar, its companion forum, and Zikoko.com 1. We also launched the non-profit site Ebolafacts.com, which was instrumental in the fight against Ebola. Our work has been featured in the Economist, the Financial Times and Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate
about doing work that’s challenging and fun.
We’re a very digital company, working via Slack, Google Docs and cloud-based
solutions where possible. Some of our team works remotely. We typically try to
arrange work between 9am and 6pm WAT and encourage you to have a good work-life
balance, but we don’t have a stick up our butt about hours. What we do have a stick up
our butt about is quality and results. Our people get things done fast and well.
While collaborative work will be the norm and is the requirement, people who want to
work at BCM must also demonstrate initiative and the ability to work without creating
more work for their line manager.
Compensation and perks
- Industry competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Statutory pension contribution
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to cool events and travel
How to apply
Please apply here. The application form will require you to insert links to a cover letter
and resume, which you might host on Google Drive, Dropbox, or other file-sharing