Creative Director at Plaqad.com
Lagos | Fulltime
Apply here: https://plaqad.com/cd/
About this Position
The Creative Director role is directly responsible for creative strategy, content strategy and planning, and quality control.
This person is responsible for the quality of work produced and steering a team of creatives. In this role, you will leverage your experience in marketing communications, developing great creative talent, storytelling, and innovation to build and grow the creative marketing function at Plaqad.
The key attributes for this role are:
- You’re a creative thinker who can identify new opportunities and craft creative briefs that inspire our teams and community members to do the best work of their careers.
- Simplifying and explaining the complex comes naturally to you; data doesn’t scare you and you just love turning it all into insights, strategies and juicy creative briefs that get the team excited.
- You know that great ideas can live on social media and have a breadth of work showing you’ve worked on digital and integrated campaigns. You can identify the root of a problem and understand different perspectives.
- You understand and have created integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline, print and traditional retail. You’re a team player who loves to work with a mix of people from different disciplines but you’re also comfortable to get stuck in by yourself.
The specific responsibilities of the Creative Director position include:
- Work hands-on to produce beautiful content including text-based, visual, audio, interactive/gaming and other forms of content. This is a position for creators.
- Drive the direction and development of Plaqad’s in-house consumer creative strategy, plans, and execution
- Develop internal and external working relationships that expand Plaqad’s reputation in the creative community
- Collaborate with the creators of all sorts, from writers to digital publishers to social media influencers and artists.
- Build high-quality creative concepts and presentations, and pitch them to publishers, creators, influencers, and brands.
- Work hand-in-hand with media and sales teams to build fully customized creative content plans for brands
- Work with the marketing team to deliver highly-engaging, rapidly-deployed messages to Plaqad’s users
- Be the main creative voice of the Plaqad brand
- Continually inspire our clients with a vision for their brand, game-changing ideas and plans to get them executed
- Drive brand and business strategy discussions to uncover huge business needs and opportunities
- Uncover data insights to develop creative ideas that drive the key business goals of our top clients
- Partner with others on the team and at creative agencies to make your and their ideas shine
- Work with Product and Engineering to refine your ideas for maximum impact on the Plaqad Platform, Apps and Services
- Be a thought leader on how mobile and people-based marketing is fundamentally changing brand marketing
- Develop original marketing content for a variety of marketing touch-points
- Work closely with the Product and UX design team to make sure the product touch-points are aligned with the brand
- Prioritize projects accordingly
- Manage a program calendar/roadmap and communicate to all stakeholders
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Design, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline
- 7+ years experience in a creative role with an emphasis on consumer marketing
- Experience developing and managing consumer marketing programs in an integrated marketing environment
- Experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing a vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Deep experience in directing web design work incl. eCommerce
- You have a network of creative service partners
- You have managed an internal creative team incl. visual design, copy, and video
- Highly empathetic to your audiences and ensure creative ideas are grounded in insights
- Experience recruiting talent and developing teams
- Creative experience with proven digital experience
- Track record of working in cross-functional teams
- Experience leading creative work
- Experience working in a data-driven environment
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by Plaqad’s mission
- Link to your online portfolio
Benefits & Compensation
- Regular industry-standard salary
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided at the office daily
Plaqad connects the World’s top influencers, content creators and publishers to small and leading brands looking to amplify their messages and connect with their target audiences.
By leveraging technology, Plaqad wants to solve the PR and marketing problem faced by individuals and businesses by democratizing access to the best content creators, influencers and publishers around the world.
Hence, we are building a platform - the largest community of influencers, content creators and publishers - that seamlessly connects brands and individuals with the new digital town-criers.
In addition to helping brands get the word out about their products, services and ideas, Plaqad also enables content makers, influencers and publishers to monetize their skills and platforms.
Apply here: https://plaqad.com/cd/