WHO WE ARE:
NESA by Makers is a Yaba-based new economic skills accelerator. Our mission is to transform the
lives of our students by helping them acquire relevant skills that qualify them for immediate gainful
employment, or position them to participate in high-growth entrepreneurial endeavors.
This year, we launched our Full Stack Web Development course. The objective of this 12-week
immersive course is to help students build a strong foundation of computational problem-solving ability,
and give them exposure and practice in front-end web development, back-end web development,
will leave with a portfolio filled with projects they can share with potential employers.
We are looking for talented developers to join our team of instructors to cover a part time, three-month
contract with the option of extending the term.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about software development and has a strong desire to give back by
teaching other people to code.
Instructors lead classroom discussions, guide inquiry, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts of
software development and support students in their projects and challenges. Because we keep our class
sizes small, instructors at NESA are very hands-on with students.
• Professional web development experience
• Robust design & development portfolio
• Firm grasp of object-oriented programming
• Firm grasp of MVC program architecture
• Proficiency in PHP/SQL
• Proficient in a server technology (MongoDB, etc)
• Ability to write and interface with REST APIs
• Experience writing user authentication and authorization systems
• Ability to design & create database schemas
• Understanding of ‘session management’
• Active GitHub portfolio
• Working knowledge of NodeJS
• Passion and aptitude for teaching
• Providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair
and holistic assessment of learning and clear documentation of student progress
• Ensuring course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
• Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
• Motivating students to maintain their pace of learning through active listening and assertive
• Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through
• Contributing to the improvement of course curricula
• Basic breakfast, snacks, and beverages available in office
• Comfortable compensation, and flexible work schedule
• Access to NESA facilities for non-NESA work
• Opportunities to earn additional income working on contract jobs for NESA clients
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this opportunity, send your CV, links to or images of your portfolio, and an introductory letter
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NESA by Makers - Back End Web Dev Application - LASTNAME,
September 15th, 2017