Lagos | Fulltime
BCM is seeking a Creative Video Producer who can conceive, shoot, edit and publish and compelling branded short and long form video content for our media brands and advertisers.
We’re seeking an inventive writer/editor/producer who is passionate about creating educational, informative and entertaining content, digital media and native advertising that will be seen all over the world. You will work closely with our sales and ad ops teams to deliver high-quality, engaging, shareable content.
This person will work closely with a group of creators and talent. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and platforms and loves thinking outside the box.
- Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients
- Work closely with our sales and account management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met and communication is clear and open
- Conceive, write, edit and shoot custom branded videos for various Big Cabal Media channels
- Organize and run creative campaigns with the help of our creative and business dev team
- Utilize video production skills while shooting and overseeing edit to be sure client’s needs are met while the relevant BCM channel’s voice and sensibility remains clear
- Deliver excellent, original creative content that will delight our clients and audience
- Work on tight deadlines across multiple teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time every time
- Think big to continue to develop BCM’s native advertising strategy across platforms, formats, and audiences
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers and clients
- Proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay hyper organized in an ever changing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro and Media Encoder
- Knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator is also helpful
- Motion graphics and titling experience a plus
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Understanding of basic color correction within Premiere
- Understanding of basic sound design and mixing within Premiere
- 2+ years experience working in a fast paced professional environment
- Experience with scripted and unscripted web content
- Experience editing comedy
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to follow workflow guidelines and naming conventions
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plan / schedules
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Must be able to understand the big picture as well as perform basic tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field is a plus
Working at Big Cabal Media
Big Cabal Media is a company creating a new generation of media brands for a new generation of Africans. Since 2014, we’ve launched TechCabal, Radar, its companion forum, and Zikoko.com. We also launched the non-profit site Ebolafacts.com, which was instrumental in the fight against Ebola. Our work has been featured in the Economist, the Financial Times and Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
We’re a very digital company - all our communications are in Slack. We use Google Docs for practically everything and don’t like meetings. Some of our team works remotely. We typically try to arrange work between 9am and 6pm WAT and encourage you to have a good work-life balance, but we don’t have a stick up our butt about hours. What we do have a stick up our butt about is quality and results. Our people get things done fast and well.
While collaborative work will be the norm and is the requirement, people who want to work at BCM must also demonstrate initiative and the ability to work without creating more work for their supervisor.
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn’t describe you perfectly, please get in touch anyway and tell us why you want to work with us.
Compensation and perks
- Industry competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Statutory pension contribution
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to cool events and travel
- (Near) Instant internet celebrity